We understand that COVID-19 has impacted many students around the world. We’d like to reassure all of our guests that our student accommodation in Newcastle will remain open however, we are following the recommended guidance of our government and the NHS, particularly in relation to social distancing and have implemented precautionary measures to ensure the health and safety of our students and our team.
These measures include:
- Increased frequency of thorough cleaning, especially all high-touch areas/surfaces
- Upgraded cleaning products used throughout the accommodation (products used kill all bacteria/viruses including Coronavirus)
- All students have been advised to go home if it is safe/possible for them to do so
- Increased provisions of hand soap and sanitisers
- Guidance has been provided on what to do should guests become unwell
- Handwashing guidance posters at all handwash areas
- Coronavirus advice posters displayed throughout the accommodation
- Assistance to get students home safely if this is what they wish to do
- Students in apartment rooms can move to studio rooms (subject to availability)
- All communal areas are now closed, including the reception, festival zone, private dining room and bike store. To encourage social distancing - no access will be granted.
- Non-residents will no longer be able to enter the building.
- Residents must follow government advice to reduce the transmission of coronavirus, keeping at least 2-meters from others at all times, and therefore we highly recommend that you remain alone in your room unless leaving site to get food or medication.
- To restrict interaction with others, residents that require urgent use of the laundry facilities will be gained access by appointment only, details of which will be communicated to those remaining on site
- If you are expecting an essential parcel or food delivery please advise the supplier to inform the courier to contact you on arrival so that you can collect directly at the gate. If you believe a package has already arrived in our reception, please contact us to arrange delivery outside your door. Please keep deliveries to essential items only for the foreseeable future
- Non-essential maintenance services are on hold. We will only respond to critical faults, relating to water supply or heating
We would like to assure you that we are keeping all matters under constant management and will review and update regularly to align with the latest government advice. Please do not hesitate to contact our onsite team on 07921 353438. Further advice about symptoms can be found on www.NHS.uk and www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
The wellbeing of our guests is extremely important, and we are looking at ways that we can enable social interactions and enhanced health using digital solutions. Please follow us on Insatgram to be kept up-to-date with home fitness and yoga workouts, recipe ideas and more!