How You Can Prepare in Case You Need to Self-Isolate
It's important to prepare for self-isolation should you contract the Coronavirus whilst studying at university and living away from home. We've put together a few tips to help you prepare:
How can I stay prepared in case I need to self-isolate?
- Download the Covid-19 App and scan into all venues to ensure you are kept up-to-date on whether you have been in contact with someone that has Coronavirus.
- Check that your contact details are up-to-date within your account so we can contact you if we need to.
- Set up an online account with a local supermarket, so you can order your groceries online should you need to. If you're having trouble finding a supermarket with an available delivery slot, check out shoppingslot.co.uk to search for all available delivery slots from a range of different supermarkets.
- Stock up on some cupboard food items (e.g tinned food, rice, pasta etc) so you can continue to eat, even if you can’t immediately get a supermarket delivery.
- If you require regular medication, make sure you have enough of it in case you need to self-isolate.
- Ensure you keep on-top of your washing so you have enough clothes to wear whilst self-isolating.
- Regularly empty your bin to eliminate a mass build up of waste in your room.
What should I do if I think I have Coronavirus symptoms?
If you think you have any symptoms of Covid-19 (including a high temperature, a continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste), please self-isolate immediately and follow the advice on the NHS website.
Please do not visit the reception team, but do let us know by email, so we can best support you through isolation.
If you require anymore information about contracting Coronavirus whilst living with us, please take a look at our Coronavirus Help page.