Getting to know our true Life Manager
Holly Rodgers is our true Life Manager and organises all of the amazing events that we run here at true Student Living! We asked Holly 10 questions, so you can get to know her a little better...
1. What has been your
favourite true moment to date?
It definitely has to be student move-in! I was on airport pick-up duty, collecting and
welcoming our new guests. During the drive home to our residence, I loved hearing about how excited our guests were to
start their new chapter of life with us at true.
2. You’ve got the private
cinema to yourself for two hours – what would you watch?
Grey's Anatomy, it's my favourite thing to watch and I could watch it over and over again!
3. What’s your go-to midnight snack?
I am awful for this and it's usually a bowl of granola or a bagel.
4. If you had your own talk show, who would your first 3 guests be and why?
- Bill Gates - I have so many questions about his successes!
- Kevin Hart - The guy is hilarious!
- Bethany Hamilton - She is someone that inspires me and has an
5. If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be?
Surfing, I love it and continually watch videos of pro-surfers and
dream of being able to surf the way they do one day!
6. What is your favourite memory of being a student yourself?
I visited New York as part of my course and gained work experience
at some of the worlds largest advertising and PR agencies, I had
a glimpse of the industry and absolutely loved it. We also got to live the American student lifestyle, staying in a YMCA hostel, where I had some of the best nights I can remember.
7. You have to wear a T-shirt with one word on it for one year, what word would you choose?
SMILE... I honestly think it is one of the most powerful things a person can do. It can completely change your own mood and others!
8. If you had one extra hour of free time a day, how would you use it?
I love to get outdoors, so I would probably spend it going on a hike, paddle boarding or in the water.
9. If you could change one thing in the world what would it be?
For people to be more positive. I think with more positive attitudes we can achieve a lot more.
10. If you had to live one day over again, what day would you choose?
During the summer, I attended Tiree Music festival with friends. One day it was in the mid 20's and you would not have a clue you were in Scotland. We surfed, swam and went paddle boarding in the sea before going to the festival at night and finishing with a bonfire on the beach!